Sunday, 25 January 2015

25. It's Snowing!!


My task is clear, I know where I’m going, then all of a sudden, I’m drawn into another world.  It’s late January and temperatures are higher than normal, so says the meteorologist. Over 14 degrees Celsius and still rising!  But I manage to find snow on this spring like day.

Meandering along the sidewalk, I stop to take the odd photo, knowing that my destination isn't far. I've just taken a photo of some extremely “cutsie” dogs painted on the side of a hydro box and think, this is great.  If I fail on my intended mission, I will have this in my back pocket.  Not far from there, I see a path leading into a park.  The sign indicates it’s the Dr. R. J. Allan Hogg Park and from the entrance it looks small and kind of plain, a small field of grass in the distance.  Curiosity pushes me on, and I’m very glad for that, as I see under a tree… snow!  Snow Drops to be exact.  They’re just blooming, so I switch my camera to Flower mode, how handy, and snap away.
Continuing on my way, I stop to talk to a woman walking her dog, who is also taking photos of the area.  She tells me that she lived in the area for 23 years and moved away last year.  Her dog loves this park and so she brings the dog back on a regular basis. The Dog, apparently, gets quite excited about coming back to his old neighbourhood.  He stops to sniff my leg, to see if I’m familiar and loses interest in me quite quickly.  

Before I leave, I snap a few more photos of the park, it’s very peaceful and there are benches and picnic tables placed under the trees and near the garden area. The park has a very Zen feeling and I’m extremely happy I stumbled upon it.

My secret destination I started out to visit will wait for another day.

3 comments:

  1. For some reason when we get springlike weather early on, we pay for it later in the year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete