Friday, 30 January 2015

30. Laying Tracks

“Hmm,  what’s a truck doing on the tracks?”.  In the distance, I could see a light from what looked like a semi truck on the train tracks, pulling a long train of open cars behind it. The beach promenade was busy with throngs of people taking their daily walk. It made it difficult to see what was ahead on the tracks.  As I drew closer I could see the train with it’s cars carrying four long replacement tracks. But no replacement was going on. The track was just being readied for placement.



Stopping to watch this work being done, I assumed that eventually they would move the train away from where I could gain access to the beach. While waiting for the train to move along, I snapped this seagull hovering in front of a fellow throwing bread crumbs. As there were numerous grey cars parked in the background, Mr. Seagull, didn't show up that well.  Paint.net came to the rescue and the background has been tweaked and his buddies were removed from the photo.
The train was moving again, and I was on my way to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment