Saturday, 31 January 2015

31. Time for another Painting



Not knowing where I would find an interesting photo subject today, decided to meander down the hill as it looked like there was a nice fog bank that would echo the feel of this gray day. It’s chillier than yesterday and I was glad to have my warm scarf wrapped around my neck. A pair of gloves would have been helpful too, but think I can do without them.  The coolness reminds me that it is still January and spring is a ways off yet.
As I walk closer to the water, I find that it isn't that interesting, the fog bank was just an illusion and is a bank of clouds instead. Therefore, I turn myself around and start to trek back up the hill, slowly passing the shops along the way. A flower shop had set out some posies in a planter and I took my first photo of the day. Then snapped several more photos, thinking how I might transform this into a pastel painting.
My mind is on art today and because of that had planned a trip to the library to check out some art magazines. I think the flowers would work quite nicely as the subject of a pastel painting.  The composition may be changed somewhat or maybe I’ll just go with the arrangement in the photo.  After uploading the photos, I did a little cropping to see what one flower would look like on it’s own and either way, cropping or not, it will be my next art project.

No comments:

Post a Comment