Saturday, 17 January 2015

17. Rock Garden


It was raining lightly when I saw the bright green moss on this large rock. It may have been the reason the green looks so fresh.  Passing this tiny park, I noticed that stuck in the ground behind and off to the side of this rock is the head of a shovel.  No doubt someone’s hard work broke off the handle and they decided to plant the shovel head instead of carting it off for recycling.  
There’s also a pile of rocks, which at first I thought was an Inukshuk, but upon closer inspection, it’s rocks are made to look like someone is kneeling with their arms out.  A Canadian flag was in it’s arms, so not sure the significance of this plea. 
Further along a wooden bench is snuggled up to a bush.  I noted a small white lattice stuck in the ground, which makes me wonder if someone has adopted this garden and is caring for it anonymously.  It doesn't look professionally cared for, as it doesn't have the strict planting lines and orderly demeanour that is usually seen.  Rather,  its randomness conveys some love has gone into caring for this small garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment