Tuesday, 6 January 2015

6. Flying object seen in sky while taking photos

Me and the Mr. were out for a ride in the Mazda today, both after our photo quest of the day. As we reach our destination and grab our gear from the vehicle, I yell “Dibs on all mountain scenes and beach scenes!”, this pretty much includes all that we could see. Good naturedly, the dib is rescinded because our photo styles and interest in photography is so completely opposite. One of us comes from a background of point and shoot, whereas the other comes from a lifelong interest in photography and can throw words out like aperture and shutter speed, well, that’s all I remember of the fancy camera parts!  I’ll let you decide who is totally not the camera buff!
A couple of days ago, I was after a photo of a heron, who was sitting in the marshes in a small park that has several ponds.  On my first photo attempt, I trekked down, to the marshes, and didn't even get a chance to point let alone shoot, when the heron took off.  Ah, I guess I was too noisy.  It left, but didn't go far, only across the pond.  It is raining and miserable and fairly cold, so I walk around to where it is and this time, sneak up, hiding behind a tree as I go. Removing my gloves, eesh, it’s cold outside- I snap the photo, off the heron goes once again to a pond further away.  I repeat this once more, including the sneaking up and finally gave up as this heron was not in the mood for a photo shoot.
Today, as we are heading back to our car, a heron is perched at the end of a wave breaker, and this time, he’s not going anywhere.  He peered back a couple of times, ruffled his feathers, but didn't move for this photo.  Trying out, what I have been told by the photographer in the family, is the digital zoom on my Coolpix, yielded this photo. Oh, and the title is true as monsieur heron did fly away after his photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment