Thursday, 15 January 2015

15. Crisps Anyone?

My love of Rainforest Crisps and my innate cheapness drove me to search out a recipe for these tasty crackers. For our New Year’s Eve gala, I thought, why not, bake up a batch. The ones I made are flavourful, crispy and very similar to the store bought version. Changing the recipes slightly that I found online to:

2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups milk with 2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seed, (ground in my coffee grinder)
1 Tbsp. rosemary also ground in coffee grinder (this is probably too much, it was over rosemarried)

Back to the photo. Today, I unthawed this loaf, thinly sliced and baked it again in a 300 degree oven. To give a rustic feeling, I arranged the crips on our beautiful homemade pottery plate with cobalt blue glaze.  The photo was taken with the flower icon mode on!  

Please help yourself:).

1 comment: