Tuesday, 13 January 2015

13. Winter Sun




Tales of sun worship have abounded over the years from the Aztec civilization, Ancient Egypt and Chinese through to present time where we have suntan parlours and home light bars. I too have a strong, undying attraction to the Sun.  
As I walk into our kitchen, ready to put away the vegetables purchased during a grocery shopping trip, the winter sun shone through the venetian blinds. How the light and dark played out before me, arrested me. A photo opportunity unfolding before my eyes. Excitedly, I thought, “Grab the camera! Here’s my photo today”.
The way the bright sun lights up the Dracena makes me realize why I never tire of seeing the sun bounce off objects. It doesn't matter whether one is a painter at heart, a photographer, an accountant or a king of a foreign land, the Sun enthralls all of us at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment