Sunday, 4 January 2015

4. Oranges on a snowy day



Trying to find a colour that is both uplifting and warm on the first snowy day of the year proved to be fairly easy. Orange is associated with warmth, happiness, joy, enthusiasm, creativity and success.
These oranges were sitting outside a shop I was passing by, while the store owner who is warm inside, left them on his stand to entice passersby to enter his store. From a psychology perspective the colour orange is optimistic and uplifting and it sounds like it is so powerful we should try to find ways to use it in our everyday life, even if it is just an orange colored mug.
While I just took a photo and didn’t purchase anything, he may have wondered why I was taking a picture of his produce. One reason is because I’m excited to be participating in a daily photo challenge and the other reason is that it would make a nice subject for a pastel painting  and depending on the outcome of the painting, could become a photo of the day sometime this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment