After a hearty taco salad in the food court at Oakridge Mall, my friend and I decided to visit the loo. She suggested we go to the one closest to the Food Court. I know my way around Oakridge and thought we should walk around to the other one as it would be less busy. Having never been in the one closest to the Food Court, I was surprised that, unlike the other one that I wanted to go to, this is a spectacular washroom, rich in wood, mirrors, architectural design, totally touchless and very inviting! I figured it would be entirely “icky” taking photos of the washroom itself, as there were patrons in there. Beautiful wood encased mirrors, lovely hanging soap dispensers, modern sinks, well, I guess you had to be there. Once we left the washroom, I looked up and saw these spectacular lights, beckoning patrons into the Women's or Men's, hanging from a boat shaped wood structure. While we had to stand off towards the men’s washroom, those that were pushing by us, didn't seem to mind that I was taking pictures aimed at the ceiling. ‘Tis a hidden gem, usually reserved for the rich and famous, and hopefully won’t be torn down once mall renovations begin.

No comments:
Post a Comment