A compromise, a deal, a grant, permission to purchase a ticket at a lower price because I’m older, that’s what I understood Concession Fare on Transit meant. Not to the person who I tried to buy my FareSaver tickets from at Save-on Foods.
Deciding it would be quicker to jot into Save-on Foods and pick up my book of Faresavers for my trip to Vancouver than go the extra few meters to Shoppers Drug, turned out to be a mistake. The lineup for Customer Service wasn’t long, but a fellow who thought he got gypped out of a price savings on his dog food, was making a big deal out of it. If I had been paying attention, I would have sided with the fellow, instead, went to a cashier, as they can provide the Faresavers as well.
Ah, no line up, perfect, should be quick and easy. I asked the cashier for One Zone Concession Faresaver booklet. He brought it back from the Customer Service area and charged me $21.00 instead of $17.50. It took me a moment to realize they were Adult Faresavers. To which I said,
“Excuse me, but you have the wrong ones, these are Adult Faresavers”.
“No, these are the right ones”.
“You mean they've gone up in price that much?”
He nodded and just said emphatically “These are the right ones”.
“Would you mind checking with Customer Service?”
“No”
Puzzled, I repeat back to him “No?”
Rather than carry on with the argument, I asked for a refund. He advised that he didn’t know how to refund! By this time, my mouth has dropped open and it feels like an incredible no-win situation.
Over to the Customer Service and when the cashier explained that I wanted a refund she just said “Oh, you want Concession, ok”. No, I’m sorry, we've made a mistake. My face must be verging on a bright red by now, as I’m completely teed off. No apology is sent my way.
Before leaving the store, I march over to the cashier and show the Concession tickets to him. He brightly says "oh, okay, now I know". I said "Don't you want to say something to me?". He looked blankly and I said "Sorry?". He gives me a shrug and "sorry". People that are lined up at his till are probably wondering why I'm haranguing this employee. Unfortunately, I live near here, so will have to go back to the store.....eventually. I leave, feeling as if I've done something wrong and not the other way around.

Good rant :)
ReplyDelete