Thursday, 8 January 2015

8. Around the World Mural






The other day, I saw this mural while walking down our main street in White Rock.  I’ve been by this spot many times, but didn’t notice it until the other day.  It’s not a mural that will jump out and grab your attention, as it’s down a short alley.  Both sides of the alley have murals.  You can’t stand back very far to see them because of the walls on both sides. My assumption was that they were painted by different artists.

However, according to her website, Elizabeth Hollick painted both.  As I walked back home today, after taking the photo, I was mentally counting the murals in White Rock that I have seen in my travels.  There's the huge Wyland mural, the 4th in his series of 100 whale murals.  There’s one on the side of Frog Music and the one on the Peace Arch Hospital thrift store. When I checked on Elizabeth Hollick’s website, she has painted them all.  



Yay, for this challenge and opening my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment