Monday, 9 February 2015

40. Hobbit House

Walking along, thinking that I might have to find a holly bush for my photo of the day, the "h" word suddenly changed to two totally different subjects within a 15 meter span.
Apparently a vortex was crossed and we entered Middle Earth, where I spied a small hobbit house. It’s fun to imagine that Bilbo Baggins is inside looking out, wondering why a giant is taking a picture of his home. The small construction is used as a mailbox and a house number I presume, but looks like it could be inhabited by little people.  I’m sure that kids would love to look inside, however, it is on the side of the road with no sidewalk, so probably most kids would have to look from afar.
After the photo, we continued on towards the East Beach in White Rock when a woman and three Huskies out for a walk passed by us.  I didn't want to ask her to stop for a photo,  so I took a shot of her and the dogs walking away.  Not bad, I thought. Two “h” subjects within a few meters.
Arriving home, decided that the hobbit house was the better of the two photos. Next time I’m out for a photo walk, I’ll have my camera at the ready for those unexpected encounters.

3 comments: