While taken three days ago, this photo was given the stamp of approval to use on my “J” day. On Sunday, while trying to get a photo of graffiti on a passing train, we came upon two jugglers in the small park opposite the West beach. My husband urged me to go over and speak to them, and I'm very glad he did. The jugglers were open to questions and asked if I would like to juggle.
“Yes, of course I would like to”, and as I juggled she said,
“First of all, you need Higgins juggling balls, they're the best”,
I noted that she is using Higgins, which are smaller than the ones I use. While watching me closely she said,
“You’re throwing two balls at once! You should be working in a frame.”
She drew a large picture in the air of a square that started above my head and extended down to just above my knees.
“Stay within this frame and you’ll find the juggling will be more fluid and graceful”.
Manna from heaven for an aspiring juggler, like myself. While waiting for my photo of the train, she started juggling and I was able to capture this picture of her.
Since the encounter, I can see where I need to make changes with my juggling style and am relearning the moves to become more fluid and graceful.

Can already see the progression from balls to clubs to machetes :)
ReplyDelete