My idea for February was to have an alphabet theme. Taking a picture of a couple of apples didn’t seem all that exciting, so decided to paint a watercolour picture of acorn squash. Today! Finding a nice photo online, set to sketching the squash. Once that was done transferred it on to tracing paper and from there transferred it on to Cold Pressed 100% Cotton 140lb 9” x 12” Arches Watercolor paper. The paper is quite wonderful to work on and really soaks up the paint.
As it’s been a while since I did any watercolour painting, I realized that my supply of watercolour paint is a little thin. However, I found the colours I needed and set to work. There are several layers involved in each of the squash, however, the photo doesn’t reflect the actual colour of the painting.
The photo looks washed out, maybe I need to apply more paint and will factor that in the next time I try a watercolour painting. The orange should be more vivid and the green greener.
It may be the first time I have completed a picture in a day. Seeing as the Photo of the Day was counting on it, I persevered when I thought it wasn't going so well. I’m looking forward to the next letter.Photo taken next day in better light:


No comments:
Post a Comment