Today, I celebrate exercise, one of the words that defines my life. At only 8 years old, I was eager for Sports Day to arrive. It was my favourite day of the school year and I remember it well. The night before I would lay in my bed with a knot in my stomach, not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep, the excitement of hoping I would win a ribbon and looking forward to the bonus, a hot dog for lunch! What I didn't realize at the time was that the hot dog tasted so good because I was so filled with excitement on Sports Day morning, I couldn't eat my breakfast.
Exercise gives me energy and has helped me grow and evolve into the person I am. The time I spend exercising is often the time where I will solve a problem, or come up with an idea.
I took this photo on time delay while doing my light weights. It took a few tries as the first couple of photos were overexposed. The problem was alleviated by using the other side of the room to set up the camera.
Dugald Christie said it well, "Exercise is Golden", he would often say this phrase to me, with a smile on his face, after arriving to work on his bike. Whether it’s running, weights or climbing, exercise is my reward too.

How do you fit the exercise in when you're busy taking selfies?
ReplyDelete