Saturday, 7 February 2015

38. Flowers by the Sea


Amazing (fake) view!  These flowers are located in a planter outside a nearby condo building in our neighbourhood, which is nowhere near the water. The tree in the photo is part of a topiary and makes a statement on it’s own, however this was not the focus of my photo today. I’m not sure if the topiary tree would have added to the photo and decided to focus on the flowers and not complicate the photo.  An extra large photo of Mt. Baker with Semiahmoo Bay in the foreground serves as a backdrop to this planter. The flowers really stand out nicely against the blue of the bay.
I found there are some advantages from utilizing paint.net. For this photo, I tried out my paint.net skills and found the edge of the planter could be removed and replaced with pixels taken from the sea area, making the flowers pop out even more.  
If only life were so easy to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment