Thursday, 12 February 2015

43. Knight in Shining Armour



Many times I have walked past this knight in armour and decided it must be someone’s dream of living in a castle on the top of the mountain. The house has turrets, knights and coat of arms. One of the things I haven’t noticed before is that the knight seems to be guarding a hot tub that sits on the balcony above. If one zooms in, a knight’s head can be seen next to the hot tub.  The balcony provides a view of Semiahmoo Bay and on a sunny day, a pretty spectacular view. 
It’s a very dull, rainy day and the grey sky in the photos doesn't allow the shininess of the knight’s armour to come alive. My paint.net skills are few and I haven't figured out how to change the colour of the sky easily as this one really would have benefited from some editing. A skill I'll educate myself on for the next time it's needed.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any information or helpful facts that I could find that might make this subject more interesting, like when it was built, who built it, did they have a reason for building this and the significance of the knight. Also, where did the knight come from? However, it fits quite nicely under my K category for the day and an easy walk to take the photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment