Wednesday, 11 March 2015

70. Purple Quilt


Not predominantly purple, but enough to satisfy my desire for purple this week in photo of the day. Our library, and I say our because I feel entitled after living in White Rock for almost 5 months now, a very warm and welcoming place, so much so, that they hang quilts up to make it feel more homey.  It doesn't appear to be an installation that has an expiry date as these have been on display since my first visit to this library.  Along with the quilts, there is an ever changing display of local artist’s work. 

What is noteworthy is that this library seems to take an active role in encouraging artists. A role that most of White Rock has taken on.

No one seemed to mind when I took the photo of the quilts as it is in the open for all the public to see. A wee bit of cropping helped take out the partial quilt hanging on the adjacent wall which distracted from my purple theme.  What purple objet d’art will I find tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment